Sunday, April 11, 2010

12 Week Journey to Total Transformation

"A woman's relationship with her body is the most important relationship she'll ever have. More important than husband, lover, children, friends or colleagues. This isn't selfishness - it's just fact," says health and fitness expert Diana K Roesch. "The body is, quite literally, our vehicle for being, for giving, for loving, for moving, for feeling - and if it doesn't work - it's fairly certain that nothing else in our lives will work either.!"


When I heard that quoted by Diana I knew it resonated big time with me and many women around me. If we don't keep ourselves fit, strong, healthy and keep up a good strong healthy dose of self esteem then we're of no use to anyone, particularly ourselves.

From one end we're bombarded with unreal magazine images that are impossible to attain and from the other we're misled into all sorts of food and nutrition myths that lead us even further down a path of misinformation, poor health and eventually disease. A 40+ friend of mine said to me over the weekend 'I can't understand why I've put this weight on. I was a perfect size 8/10 years ago and now look! I've not changed any habits. Why can't I drop this weight.' Then another who has breast cancer said 'I've been doing everything right, I eat low fat everything, plenty of fruit and still this has happened.'

We need to take responsibility to do our own research and find what resonates with us and makes us feel good about ourselves and what path we've chosen to follow. And the most important is to never have a closed mind. Science is proving all the time that new discoveries with food, health and disease are being uncovered daily.

Here's just a few points that I've learned the hard way that I can tell you have saved my life and my sanity:

* good quality fat will not make you fat

* sugar is a slow quiet and deadly killer

* doing strength work will not make you muscly but will keep you lean

* meditate and destress

* turn the destructive internal chatter around to positive self talk

* make your peace with those who matter

* the body was designed to move, so walk and exercise daily

* have a facial or massage at least monthly

* your skin is the barometer for everything going on inside you, feed it from the inside

* the more fat you carry the hungrier for junk you will be

* the leaner you become the less you will crave sugary foods

* be open to the right nutritional supplements, they're crucial to good health

* if you're over 40 and can't shake the middle weight, have a hormone test and make sure you're not producing too much cortisol

Today, instead of hating your body, make peace with it. Choose to conciously love and honour the sacred garment Spirit provided for this lifetime's journey. This means to feed it well and cherish the outside of it as much as the inside.

To know more about how we're teaching women to do exactly this ask me about our 12 week Total Transformation Program

www.ResetReshapeRestyle.com/events.html

No comments: